Friday, June 6, 2008

Some baseball stupidity

Yesterday afternoon, Giambi hit a pinch hit 3 run HR in the bottom of the 9th to win the game. According to Mike and Mike this morning, this was the first time in Yankees history someone hit a 3 run pinch hit home run to win a game that the Yankees were trailing by 2 in the ninth with no one on and 2 outs.

Just when I thought every entirely useless bit of information had been disseminated, along comes this.

In other news, MLB ceremoniously drafted players from the Negro Leagues before yesterday's regular draft.

So, basically, they decided to honor the men who they previously considered unfit to share the field with white players. I don't know, it seems kind of dumb to me. If it makes the men feel better, then I'm glad for them. If it were me, I'd just be more pissed off.

The Yankees drafted infielder Emilio "Millito" Navarro, who played for the Cuban Stars. He is 102 years old, and is believed to be the oldest living professional baseball player. If he was a pitcher, they could use him in the pen in the 8th inning.

Go Yankees

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Downtown, New Jersey, United States
Yankees fan. But the team hasn't been the same since Yogi retired. TV watching expert. Manly man.