Monday, February 16, 2009

Spring Training camp opens

New acquisition CC Sabathia has thrown to Jorge Posada, and the early reports are that all is good.
Wang looks to be fully healed from his injury, and Joba is looking good. Pettitte will slip into the 4th or 5th spot in the rotation.

But Wang, to me, willbe one of the key's to the season. If he can return to his position as one of the premiere starters in the AL (back to back 19 win seasons, and last year was 8-2 before his June injury) the team is going to win easily.

With a little bit of luck, the Yankees could have 2 or more 20 game winners on the staff. I doubt they would be able to match the Orioles of the 70's with 3 every year it seemed, along with the 1971 squad with 4.


I'm feeling it. I just sent in my Yankee Fan Club Membershiop dues.
The team is loaded and ready to make up for last season's terrible finish.

Trivia question of the day
Can you name the 4 starters with at least 20 wins each on that 1971 Orioles team?


Go Yankees

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Downtown, New Jersey, United States
Yankees fan. But the team hasn't been the same since Yogi retired. TV watching expert. Manly man.