Monday, March 2, 2009

MLBN is awesome

My cable company actually added a channel that I can watch and like, Major League Baseball Network.

What they do is provide coverage from other networks, so yesterday, I saw a game from NESN, and I passed up a White Sox game, and a Mets game. Spring training games generally hold little interest beyond about the 3rd inning, because who cares about the guys that will probably never make it to the majors, unless it is my team. But the programming looks to be solid, with shows about some of the great World Series games in history, Today will feature the '61 with Mantle and Maris and the '63 with Ford against Koufax. The '59 Gogo Sox will also be on as they take on the '59 Dodgers.
This channel will probably be a favorite all season long. I do like that they will show games from other networks, so we should get a chance to see and hear some of the legendary hometown announcing teams.


Go Yankees

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must agree, this channel is AWESOME!!! I have been watching since Day 1, and I must say this has been the least painful off season ever for me. I have my DVR also set to record the "30 clubs in 30 days". They have already profiled my St. Louis Cardinals and your New York Yankees", but I will end up watching the show for every team.

Talk to you later, Joe.

I Hate Commercials said...

wow what is your cable company? Do you have to pay for it?

Anonymous said...

I have had DirecTV since 1999.

Friends don't friends use Charter Cable.

Da Old Man said...

@ Tommy: It's is such a treat to see all those teams.

@ I Hate: I have Cablevision in NJ. It's part of the Family Package, enhanced basic or whatever they call it.

I Hate Commercials said...

Just one more reason that I hate comast

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Downtown, New Jersey, United States
Yankees fan. But the team hasn't been the same since Yogi retired. TV watching expert. Manly man.