Friday, January 2, 2009

The Sports Event of the Year

What was the biggest event of 2008?

There were 3 huge sports stories: The Phillies WS win, the Giants Super Bowl win, or the Patriots undefeated regular season.

I would eliminate the Patriots for 2 reasons: 1. I hate Boston and 2. They lost the biggest game of the season.

So, it's between the Giants winning the Super Bowl or the Phillies winning the World Series. To me, of course, the Super Bowl winning effort by the Giants is my favorite as I'm a huge fan. But realistically, the World Series win by the Phils is probably a bigger, and more improbable, event. The Phils had to come from behind to catch the Mets, beat a tough Brewers team led by CC Sabathia, and then beat a red hot L.A. team, before finally knocking off the upstart Rays.

I'd have to give it to them as the team of the year.

Go Yankees

1 comment:

Jacey of Altairi said...

I do not like that pick! But then again, that's because I really wanted the Rays to win!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Downtown, New Jersey, United States
Yankees fan. But the team hasn't been the same since Yogi retired. TV watching expert. Manly man.