Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A-Rod is back

A-Rod rejoins the Yankees today against Baltimore, and not a moment too soon.
When Moose takes the mound at 7:05 tonight (on YES) at the Cathedral, he'll be able to see Alex at 3rd, rather than whoever is wearing Giambi's gold lame thong.

A-Rod just makes the entire lineup better. Look for them to start putting up some runs. I'm looking for the whole team to be up, and knowing Jorge Posada is on the way only makes the future brighter.

I have my A-Rod jersey on, sitting here at 9:30 a.m. and I can't wait for the first pitch. Rain is a possibility, but I'm pretty sure they'll get the game in.

Just because I was thinking about vacations on my other blog, (Joy of Toast) I thought I'd do a tie in. At Yesterday's Heroes Ballpark Cafe in Cape May, NJ, my favorite piece of a former Yankee player's memorabilia is on display. It belonged to Joe Pepitone. Any idea what it is? Check back tomorrow, I'll try to find a picture of this unique, one of a kind, bit of Yankees nostalgia.

Oh and congrats to Lester of the hated Red Sox for pitching a no hitter. He was diagnosed with a form of lymphoma around 2 years ago,and he has come back, not just to play, but to excel.

Stupid Red Sox. Photobucket

Alex gives a final test for his quad. He's feeling good.
Photobucket

Go Yankees

3 comments:

savvy said...

First off, nice nod to Lester, and a very classy statement by an fan of the evil empire. I appreciate that.

Which almost (almost) makes me feel bad pointing out that the Yanks got spanked by the O's, and A-Rod or not, this season is looking more and more like a long, rough, season for Yank fans.... and a lot of fun for guys like me, fans of the Boston Red Sox. (BTW, your favorite Red Sox player, Jason Varitek, now has caught more no-hitters than any other catcher in baseball history - Derek Lowe, Hideo Nomo (?), Clay Bucholz, and now Lester

Savvybeast

Da Old Man said...

Don't even go there. More than once I've noted that the "C" on his uniform neither stands for catcher nor captain.

He's a punk.

Ryan threw 7 no-hitters. Must have been his catchers. Same with all of Koufax's no hitters.

In fact, when Sandy pitched his perfect game, the next day I'm sure all the newspapaper headlines screamed "Jeff Torborg Catches Perfect Game." Ok, maybe the Targum did.

For the record, I can't think of any Sox player I have ever despised more than Varitek. That's saying a lot.

Eric Gamble said...

I know that you may hate hearing this but I personally am a red sox fan.
Well the point was not to tell you your yankees suck which they do when they play the Sox but to tell you that I was lucky enough to live near Mel Parnell. You see, in beating the Kansas City Royals 4-0 in Fenway Park, a graveyard for left-handers, he pitched the first no-hitter by a Boston Red Sox southpaw since Parnell no-hit the Chicago White Sox on July 14, 1956.
Mel live here in New Orleans and was kind enough to sign some of his old tops baseball cards for me about 15 years ago.
Apparently not only have the red sox reversed the curse but they are breaking all previous hurdles and records. This is the decade of Red Sox!!!

haha...have a great day

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Downtown, New Jersey, United States
Yankees fan. But the team hasn't been the same since Yogi retired. TV watching expert. Manly man.